Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Talk

The home owner had actually opened the door. Here I was TOTALLY pregnant and I had three little boys hanging on my legs and we had just knocked on her door for 30 minutes... I had not even thought of what I was going to say!!!!

I said, "HI"
She said, "HI" back to me.
Then I said " I am Amber and these are my little boys".....
She introduced herself but for the purpose of the blog we will call her "Bettie"
"Well Bettie.. my husband Tad and I wrote you a letter a couple weeks ago about wanting to buy your house... did you receive it?"
"Yes", she said.

..........and then the conversation just kinda took off from there. She told me that she was actually interested in moving to be closer to her daughter (which just happened to be the town I grew up in.) She told me she had recently retired from her job (which happened to be where I had interned in college).  She told me that she wanted to help take care of her grandchildren since her daughter worked full-time at a veterinary hospital (which happened to be owned by my parents friends.).....It was such a wild conversation... I just couldn't believe how many mutual connections we shared.

Of course, the best part of our conversation came at the end when she said, "YES", I would love to sell my home to you!

I couldn't believe it. I knocked on this home owners door and asked if I could buy her house and she said YES........"Wow!"  To this day I honestly still say to myself, "Wow".
She said YES!!!

Bettie, of course,  told me she was not ready to move quite yet. She said she needed to sort things out a bit around the house and hopefully she would be ready to move come summer time.

"No problem",  I thought. I was just about to have my 4th baby and I wasn't in any condition to pack up and move my family - so 9 months would give us plenty of time to get out lives in order, as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment