Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Thought


After sending our 5 letters to the different home owners and after getting no responses I started to become discouraged.  Then it happened!  One night I was laying in bed and a thought came to me. I  actually call it "my revelation" or "inspiration". The thought came very clear and distinctly into my mind, "Be aggressive on the cul-de-sac house". "What?",  I thought to myself. This house was for sure one of my favorites. It was in a cul-de-sac, it was across the street from a nice park that was attached to the elementary school, plus it has a HUGE backyard (at least for our location :)).  However... the house itself... was looking like what we call a "haunted house!!". It was falling apart in every way, the backyard was a complete forest or amazon jungle (take your pick) and it looked like nobody had been living there for centuries......YIKES!!!


So I asked myself, "what does "be aggressive" really mean?"  I figured writing a letter to a homeowner telling them I wanted to buy their house - seemed pretty aggressive!!  Yet again that distinct thought came to me again saying..."be aggressive."  The next day... my 9 month pregnant self and my little boys ages 1, 2, and 3 years old... went to the house.

Tad and I had been keeping a watchful eye on this property due to the fact that it looked deserted. We did some research and found out that an older single lady did live there alone and we knew she drove a white car.

With this being said... As the boys and I walked over to the house... I saw the white car there and knew that the owner was home. We went up to the door and knocked... and waited... and knocked.. and waited.. and waited. I knew this was my chance to talk to her and I was not going to give up!


The famous words from the hit TV show -  "Saved by the Bell" kept coming into my mind.... "Be aggressive, be, be, aggressive" Funny but actually really true.

We sat their for at least 30 minutes.. knocking and knocking and knocking and knocking...... luckily my little boys were loving it. Then it happened.... the door actually opened... and out came the home owner...

At that moment, inside my head I screamed out.....OH NOOOOOO..... WHAT DO I SAY NOW????


No comments:

Post a Comment