Sunday, April 14, 2013

Goodbye little home.


 A long time ago my friend Jen Scott told me how hard it was to leave/move from her little run down apartment and how that surprised her. She talked about how even though it was not her ideal living condition it was where she called home for many years and it was sad saying goodbye to it. As we moved from our old home, I thought about her statement and completely felt the same way. Even though I was so excited to move on I was very emotional as I said goodbye to our home.

Our home meant so much to us. It was our first purchased home in Huntington Beach. It was where we brought home all four babies from the Hospital. It was our home and we had so many great memories there.

Some of my favorites things at the house were the plants my friends gave me. When we first purchased the house the Beutlers gave us a stick from their plumeria tree and over the years it blossomed into a beautiful tree in our yard.



Another favorite plant was one that my friend Brooke gave me when my Grandpa Smith died. It was a beautiful Hibiscus flower and turned into a huge plant in our front yard. 
These plants always made me feel the love from my friends and I really do miss them...

We will always have a special place in our heart for our little home!


1 comment:

  1. Amber! Reading this made me cry all over again. :) There is just something special about a home that you learned to be a mother in, that welcomed those darling babies, where heartache and happiness happened... And you always hope that the next person that lives there will take care of it and love it like you did. Well, here's to moving on and loving the next stage in life. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete